Plantar fasciitis is one of the most common causes of heel pain, affecting an estimated 1 million people in the US each year. This painful condition causes inflammation of the plantar fascia - the thick band of tissue that runs across the bottom of your foot. For those with plantar fasciitis, every step can be agonizing, especially when wearing unsupportive footwear.
Wearing proper work boots is crucial for anyone who spends long hours on their feet. But for those with plantar fasciitis, having work boots with the right features can make a huge difference in managing pain and preventing worsening of symptoms.
Best Work Boots At Van Dyke & Bacon
The Ecco Track 25 boots are specially designed to provide relief for plantar fasciitis symptoms. The inlay sole features excellent arch support and shock absorption which helps reduce strain on the plantar fascia. The midsole is made of molded polyurethane which cushion and cradle the foot. The outsole uses Ecco's lightweight and flexible Fluidform Direct Comfort Technology to allow natural movement while remaining supportive. The Track 25 also has a wide toe box that removes pressure from the foot and promotes good circulation. Additionally, the full-grain leather upper molds to the shape of the foot for customized comfort and support.
The Dunham Cloud boots are an excellent option for those suffering from plantar fasciitis heel and arch pain. The EVA foam midsole provides plush cushioning to absorb shock with every step, while the stability shank and ROLLBAR technology support the foot to reduce strain on the plantar fascia. The removable footbed accommodates custom orthotics for optimum arch support. Additionally, the wide toe box allows the toes to splay naturally without constriction to avoid exacerbating pain.
The Olukai Papaku boots are an excellent choice for relieving plantar fasciitis pain. These boots feature anatomical contouring and arch support that provide stability and reduce strain on the plantar fascia. The dual-density PU midsole has a softer forefoot and firmer heel which absorbs shock and supports movement. The non-slip rubber outsole also provides traction and flexibility allowing natural foot motion. Additionally, the full-grain water-resistant leathers wraps the foot in lightweight comfort and durability. A gel insert cushion and maximizes support.
Key Features to Look For in Plantar Fasciitis Work Boots
Not all work boots are created equal when it comes to providing relief and support for plantar fasciitis. Here are the key features to look for:
Having excellent arch support is vital for plantar fasciitis work boots. Proper arch support helps maintain the foot's natural alignment and reduces strain on the plantar fascia.
Look for work boots with:
- Removable insoles - These allow you to insert your own orthotic insoles customized for your feet.
- Contoured arch support - Boots shaped to cup the arch prevent it from flattening.
- Arch support inserts - Some boots come with built-in orthotic inserts that conform to the arches.
Avoid boots with flat insoles that compress the arch.
Plantar fasciitis causes localized pain in the heel and arch. Boots that cushion each step can help minimize the pain.
Ideally, look for boots with:
- Polyurethane (PU) or ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) midsoles - These materials compress to absorb shock before it reaches your feet.
- Gel cushioning pads - Gels or silicon pads in the rear and forefoot also help absorb impact.
- TPU heel counters - Thermoplastic polyurethane cups around the heel provide stability and shock absorption.
Thick, cushioned insoles and midsoles are key for shock absorption.
Supportive Heel Counter
The heel counter is the rigid part of the shoe that cups the heel. An external heel counter provides critical support and stability for the foot.
For plantar fasciitis, look for boots with:
- Wide heel counters - These offer better heel stability and motion control.
- Firm heel counters - Rigid, unbending heel counters prevent the feet from overpronating.
- Extended heel counters - Heel counters that extend up the sides of the heel prevent sliding.
A supportive heel counter keeps the foot properly aligned and reduces strain.
Even the best work boots need to properly fit your feet to deliver proper support and relief. Some key fitting tips:
- Visit specialty shoe stores - Get your feet properly measured and fitted by staff.
- Shop late in the day - Feet swell during the day, so try boots on later on.
- Wear orthotic inserts - Bring any custom orthotics you use to try boots on with them in.
- Lace boots properly - Start lacing at the toes and work up towards the ankle for even snugness.
- Break them in - Slowly break in new boots to allow the materials to shape to your feet.
Take the time to find the perfect pair of plantar fasciitis work boots for your needs. It makes all the difference.
Get A Pair Of Work Boots Today
Step into comfort and relief with our selection of the best work boots for plantar fasciitis. Find the perfect pair to alleviate your discomfort and conquer your workday. Browse our range now and put your best foot forward!